Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Quick little revamp: Fall style

IMG_9526

Ok you all saw my patio redo for the summer. Sadly the summer is gone and I thought I needed to make the patio look a little more autumnal. Gone are the comfy pillows ~ but lets face it, no one sits out there when it's 35F and raining. So I added the Fall cheer which doubles as Halloween cheer and just a couple of toss pillows on the swing - those are really more for color than anything else. Et Voila!

IMG_9481
IMG_9528

My daughter got in on the act and crafted up her own ghoulish decorations. IMG_9524

~Can't imagine where she got that crafty streak from?~
IMG_9533

Yes that is a tennis ball and let me tell you the dog knows it too - it's all I can do to keep her from absconding with the spider/tennis ball creation every morning when she goes out the front door.

My first ever wonky quilt square turned throw pillow: IMG_9482
Turns out my wonky isn't really all that wonky after all - I think I should've cut things a little more crooked than I did - but live and learn right? It's still fine for the patio. Here's another little patchwork creation IMG_9483
all out of some leftover Moda charm packs I had from last year and a little coordinating Sandy Gervais. And no, I don't plan to have a stack of different holiday themed pillows. These are just covers over the already existing summer pillows. Now the burning question ~ will I do it again for Christmas? Well we'll just have to wait and see.

Cup of hot apple cider anyone?
IMG_9531

Happy Sewing!

3 comments:

*Sweet*Caroline* said...

Love the leaves on the door!!

sabine

random Cindy said...

Looks inviting!

Cathy said...

Very pretty! Love the kid's decorations...funny about the dog too!!!lol
Congrats on winning over on Paula's blog!!! :)