Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A study in VIDA

DATE: 02/11/2008 11:14:26 PM
-----

First of all, I have to tell you about my little pilgrimage. I forged out on my own Saturday (that means I didn't have my usual family entourage with me) and hit a couple of quilt shops up north of me. The first was Grandma's attic, a new discovery for me - this place was just loaded - no wait, I mean - LOADED with fabrics. Hard to believe what looked so tiny on the outside could be so enormous on the inside. Needless to say I stocked up. They were very friendly and helpful and I kept them busy on the cutting table - I highly recommend them. Next up was Greenbaum's quilted forest. Lest you think this place was filled with trees, it was in fact filled with fabric! That was where I fell in love with Kaffe - see below. Lots of gorgeous designer names in that store - and a historical trip too. It was a fun outing, hopefully one i'll repeat in a few months.

I tell you this VIDA pattern is getting a workout. Last week I showed you VIDA with gnomes aka zwerge. I am totally loving how fun this pattern is to stitch up. So last Sunday, err that would be yesterday, I sewed like a mad woman. Here we have Star VIDA


and Kaffe VIDA (still in progress - she needs buttons)








The fabric possibilities are endless. Kaffe VIDA is ~ yes savvy readers ~ Kaffe Fassett fabrics in a combination of designs. I mentioned to my sewing group sweeties, that these fabrics were screaming at me from the shelves - so I obliged their request to take me home. It was one of those moments where you knew exactly what the fabrics would be used for the minute you laid your greedy little eyes on them. And VIDA is the end result. I'm very pleased with how this one turned out - but you can be your own judge. (click on the gallery if you want to see details).

But for now, I think i will lay VIDA to rest for awhile. I have other projects to work on. VIDA will no doubt return as she is such a vivacious young lady - it is hard to keep her down for long ;)

No comments: