Thursday, December 4, 2008

Quick little gift ideas


Chalk mats and crayon rolls are all the rage on my sewing discussion groups. You can find them allover Etsy as well. It seems everyone is making one. Where were these chalk mat rolls when my kids were little? These are the best things ever ~ I'm seriously contemplating making another one even though I know my youngest is a bit too old for this. What a life saver this would've been at restaurants, in the car.... Oh well, meanwhile, one of the gals at work had a baby boy a couple of weeks ago so I thought I would whip up a quick little blanket for the new baby and big brother can have the chalk mat. Best of all, I already had all these fabrics in-house and coincidentally, Mom and Dad are surfers. I did have to go buy some chalk. Makes a great Christmas stocking stuffer too...

3 comments:

Celia said...

Fantastic set for the kids! Thanks so much for the inspiration for more Christmas gifts

Fledgling said...

Hello Trillium!

I just blog bounced and found your very extensive and impressive Feliz Sew-Along! Thank you so very much for your efforts!

That chalk mat roll is darling! Did you use chalk board paint on the fabric?

Happy holidays,
Nancy

Caroline ~ TrilliumDesign said...

Thanks! No it's chalk board fabric. You can find it at your local fabric store.